Friday, February 15, 2013

How to upgrade my toshiba satellite to windows 7 from vista?

toshiba satellite on Toshiba Satellite C650 Notebook Specifications and Features | Tech ...
toshiba satellite image



NickyP


I have a toshiba satellite 205-4557 (year 2007) that I'm going to upgrade to windows 7. I believe I need the 64 bit windows 7? Anyway, I was wondering, do I install windows 7 first and then go on toshiba's website and install drivers I may need, Or the other way around? If so, which drivers will i need. Please help because I'm not very computer savvy.


Answer
you would need win 7 32 bit the processor that came with that machine from the specs i have saw is only 32 bit. 64 bit won't work. Win 7 should have most of the drivers you need but it wouldn't hurt to go to the toshiba support site and down load all the available drivers they have for it to a thumb drive or external drive before you install the new OS just in case there is an issue


Toshiba PSAF0U0CQ009 Toshiba Satellite A205-S4557 Core Duo T2450 2.00GHz 120GB 1024MB

T2450
# of Cores2
# of Threads2
Clock Speed2 GHz
L2 Cache2 MB
Bus/Core Ratio15
FSB Speed533 MHz
FSB ParityNo
Instruction Set32-bit
Embedded Options AvailableNo
Supplemental SKUNo
Lithography65 nm
Max TDP31 W
VID Voltage Range0.950V-1.262V

How Many Hours Can A Battery Last For An Toshiba Satellite Pro A60 Laptop?




SiloNova


I have a Toshiba satellite pro A60 laptop and the battery is basically done and I want to buy a new one but I can't find any information about how long the A60's battery lasts after full charge. Can someone please tell me how long they do last for?

When I bought the laptop (second hand) the battery only lasts about 10 minutes because the previous owners must have ruined it.

Thanks.



Answer
They last for 40 hours cuz i counted for my sience test we were learning about How Many Hours Can A Battery Last For An Toshiba Satellite Pro A60 Laptop

How can I fix a toshiba satellite touch pad?




ydb


I have a Toshiba Satellite P205-S6287 laptop and some times the
bottom and right-hand sides of the touch pad stop working which means I can't scroll up & down the page.
I don't know much about computers but I think that happened because I plugged a new mouse in?



Answer
I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite Pro P100-465 it has a synaptics touch pad and your laptop has either this same touch pad or one from alps electric

it is most likely that it is the same as my laptop as i have this issue, i find it is most common after exiting full screen playing from youtube etc... but otherwise it works

if yours is a different situation try updating the driver from toshibas website, email me if you need help doing this

Toshiba satellite screen is blank on start-up, please help?




J Leve


I have a toshiba satellite a505-s6025, and it was working perfectly fine yesterday. I open it today and notice its out of battery, so I hook it up to the charger and it turns on as usual, the fan is running, but the toshiba logo does not come up, nothing comes up. Dont really know what to do from here, am trying to avoid having to bring it and pay for it to get fixed elsewhere. Someone please help, thanks.


Answer
Eventually you might need to fdisk, reformat your toshiba satellite a505-s6025 laptop hard disk clean and reinstall OS. Before going that route, try following simple fixes to see if the problem goes away.

Remove the battery and charger/ac adapter/power cord from your toshiba satellite a505-s6025 laptop, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to discharge any residual current inside the laptop. This clears your RAM and is like a hardware reset. Replace the battery and charger/ac adapter/power cord and turn your toshiba satellite a505-s6025 on.

Boot in "safe mode". As it starts up press F8, the computer ask you if you'd like to start in safe mode. Highlight "safe mode" and press enter. See if your toshiba satellite a505-s6025 works normal.

If it runs normal now, do the following maintenance and tune up,

Uninstall unnecessary programs and applications.

Scan with a antivirus program

Scan with a spyware/malware program

DEFRAG C:

CHKDSK C:

Clean up and repair registry problems with registry repair software of your choice

Use external harddrive for all your future downloads.

If the problem persists, did you check if it could be your toshiba satellite a505-s6025 power cord or power source problem? Defective or insufficient power supply might cause error messages that are misleading. Take the battery out and power on your toshiba satellite a505-s6025 with the charger only. Make sure your laptop power jack and charger plug tip are securely connected. Did you notice the power jack loose? You can find laptop power jack on ebay. Fixing and soldering the power jack requires professional skill though. The charger green/blue LED should be on. If not, replace the defective charger. toshiba satellite a505-s6025 battery charger lifespan is limited and does not last forever, consider buying a lifetime warranty charger online from company like www.topmic.com



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment