Friday, March 22, 2013

How do I get my wireless Toshiba Satellite laptop to share internet with my Dell Inspiron 570 desktop?

toshiba satellite on Toshiba Satellite M300-D4311 Laptop Featuring 14.1-inch Display
toshiba satellite image
Q. My Toshiba Satellite laptop is the A215 from about 2 years ago and is running Windows Vista. My Dell Inspiron is brand new and is running Windows 7.

I have a dlink wireless N router (DIR-615 model) and, when I connect it to the desktop computer, I lose internet connection.

I want both of these computers to share internet.


Answer
Use the cd for set up that comes with router, and set it up. ~

How do I correctly set up display for my Toshiba Satellite laptop after plugging in a VGA cable?




Slim D


I have a Toshiba Satellite A500 and I'm trying to correctly set up display for the HD T.V I plugged it into with my VGA cable. Every time I try, it either doesn't work, or all it says is Toshiba with my starting up picture in the back round on the T.V screen.


Answer
You need to tell your laptop that an external monitor is connected. You need to use the function keys to do this. For example... on my HP laptop, I have to press {fn} + {f4} (hold down fn, then press f4) to activate my VGA output. My f4 key has a picture of a monitor on it to show me that it is the right key. If I hit it more than once, it will toggle between laptop only, external monitor only, and both on at the same time.

Since you have a Toshiba, your VGA output key might not be f4. Look at the function keys at the top of your keyboard for a picture of a monitor. That is the right key.

How to reformat a Toshiba Satellite without the 0 key?




Marc-Olivi


Hey I would like to reformat my Toshiba Satellite c650, but my 0 key is not working. I tried with the numpad, but it doesn't work. I also tried with a wireless keyboard, but it connects after the loading. What can I do?


Answer
Try removing the keycap and pressing the rubber dome or connection spot with your finger, firmly. I'm not sure why you need the zero key to reinstall the operating system anyway.
Failing that, find/borrow/buy, a hardwired USB keyboard. This will work right away when you start up the system.

How to get windows network adapter instead of Toshiba satellite config free?




Ellie


I own a Toshiba satellite and it was using the windows xp network adapter to connect to wireless devices. I then switched one day to the network adapter config free that came with the computer. But I don't like it. How can I switch back to the windows xp network adapter. I've tried a few things like going to my control panel, internet options and also network settings. but it did not help.


Answer
I personally use the config free, it's simpler to use than the Vista network adapter.
But, if you insist...
When you open the config free there should be a button somewhere called settings (it differs from version to version). Somewhere there should be the option to turn it off.
If that doesn't work, you can kill the whole Toshiba flash cards thing (of which config free is a part) by disabling it in the msconfig under startup.



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment